Each year Facilities conducts a one-day complete steam system shutdown to safely perform necessary and routine maintenance. This year the steam shutdown is Thursday, June 8.
- Thursday, JUNE 8, 2017
- All day, midnight to midnight
- Affects all buildings on the main campus, as well as Forbes College, McCarter Theater, 1-14 West College Road Apartments, and the Graduate College.
- Limited hot water in most buildings, please plan accordingly
- Cooler than normal temperatures in some labs and offices
- During the summer steam is used for domestic hot water, some types of clothes dryers, laboratory autoclaves, commercial kitchens, and for space re-heating after the cooling coils have dehumidified the air.
Our annual steam shutdown occurs on the Thursday following commencement to minimize the impact on our campus community. Thank you for your cooperation and we apologize for any inconvenience this maintenance may cause.
If you have questions or concerns please contact Edward Borer, firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail), (609) 258-3966.