Peretsman Scully Hall and Princeton Neuroscience Institute

The two-building complex, completed in December 2013, houses the interdisciplinary Princeton Neuroscience Institute, which was located in the Thomas and Moffett laboratories near the south end of campus since it was established in 2005. It also houses the Department of Psychology, formerly located in Green Hall on Washington Road. Green Hall was built in 1927.
The Institute and Department of Psychology share the imaging facilities on the lowest level of the complex. Each Department is housed in its own building giving the appearance of two separate buildings sitting on a common pedestal.
The buildings feature state-of-the-art research facilities, meeting rooms, faculty offices and instructional space.  The complex is located south of the Icahn Laboratory on the ellipse. As part of a natural sciences "neighborhood," the buildings join other science, teaching, and research buildings located to the east and west of Washington Road, now linked by Streicker Bridge.

Sustainability features: 
Stormwater management
Energy-efficient HVAC system and controls
Energy-efficient lighting and controls
Low-flow plumbing fixtures
High performance exteriors

Project updates

  • Peretsman Scully Hall/Princeton Neuroscience Institute Under Construction - Excavation, sub-basement and foundations, January, 2011

  • Peretsman Scully Hall/Princeton Neuroscience Institute Under Construction - Sub-basement and foundations, April, 2011

  • Peretsman Scully Hall/Princeton Neuroscience Institute Under Construction - Structural steel, June, 2011

  • Peretsman Scully Hall/Princeton Neuroscience Institute Under Construction - Structural steel, June, 2011

  • Peretsman Scully Hall/Princeton Neuroscience Institute Under Construction - Structural Steel, August, 2011