The Surplus program serves as an important function to help us conserve University resources, support sustainability efforts and safely dispose of electronics and other items.
- Check surplus first if you need office items for your department - at no cost to your department you can often find items such as: filing cabinets, chairs, desks and tables, computers and whiteboards.
- Find a new home for the office items you can no longer use - contact surplus first, and review the university's surplus program policies for more details.
- Properly dispose of broken, outdated and unusable items - we will determine the correct, and lawful way, to dispose of your items
Viewing & Submitting items online
- View surplus items for University use, as well as directions for reserving, picking up, and delivering items.
- View surplus items available to the public and directions for picking up items. These items may not be reserved.
- Enter items into surplus (surplus coordinators only). Please follow the Surplus Guide procedures and policies.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (609) 258-2347 with any questions about the University Surplus Program.
Coming to the Warehouse
You can stop by our warehouse located at 755 Alexander Road, Door 4 (just south of route 1) on certain days. If you are interested in items for personal use, you will need to bring a Mastercard or Visa credit card, we do not accept cash. And remember, the items are available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Tuesdays, 9 a.m. - Noon Open to Princeton University departments, employees, and students
- Thursdays, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. Open to everyone
Items departments no longer use must be turned over to the surplus program so that University capital asset records can be updated and the item or items can be redistributed to other departments, sold, donated, or recycled.
University property may not be removed from the campus for personal use, re-sale, or other unofficial use unless processed through the purchasing department. This includes discarded items, equipment or supplies in use by departments or by students, tenants, or visitors. Do not remove items from dumpsters, garbage cans, or any other disposal location for personal use or sale. This is against the University’s Facilities Policy.
For more details, please refer to the Surplus Program Guide