Building Access Coordinators (BAC) are authorized by Facilities to grant access to electronically secured buildings. By knowing the people within their building, BACs help Facilities maintain appropriate access controls to their building and the rooms inside. 

Building Access Coordinators are authorized to: 

  • Assign clearance codes to appropriate faculty and staff

  • Change door lock/unlock schedules as needed for events, summer hours, etc.

  • Request and/or update a temporary loaner or contractor/visitor access card 

  • Help resolve access problems for existing card holders

NOTE: If you are a BAC, please see the Building Access Coodinator Guide for more detailed how-to information

How do I find a BAC?

Refer to the list of Building Access Coordinators to find the appropriate building contact for a campus building, whether for permanent or temporary access needs. Site Protection maintains the BAC list and if you know of information that should be updated, please email them


How do I become a BAC?

Please follow these steps to request a new Building Access Coordinator position:

  • A department chair/head, or an existing BAC, emails a new BAC request to, with the name and NetID of the new BAC

  • All new BACs need to review the Building Access Coordinator Guide to understand their role and responsbilities and comply with CACS general procedures.


Service category: 

Did you know?

  • Facilities Building Services custodians and janitors are using “Blue Cleaning” techniques and materials to reduce the amount of cleaning chemicals used on Campus.