From the front facades, Whig and Clio halls look identical. The structures by architect A. Page Brown were built in 1893 in the Ionic style of a Greek temple, replacing earlier buildings made of wood and stucco. The buildings were named after and used by the Whig and Clio student debating societies, which merged in 1928. The American Whig-Cliosophic Society, the oldest college debating club in the United States, now resides in Whig Hall. Clio Hall is now the home for the Graduate School's administrative offices.
Group: 
Building

Heat interruption, 7a - 5p

Facilities needs to shut off heat in Clio Hall, Whig Hall and Murray Dodge Hall to perform an emergency repair due to a steam leak

There will be no heat during the repair. Facilities will preheat the building overnight in an effort to maintain heat in the building. Please plan accordingly. Service will be restored as soon as possible.

Subscribe to RSS - Clio Hall