When it snows, we need salt. When we protect our plants, we need mulch. When we care for our beautiful campus grounds, we need equipment. This project rebuilds the essential storage spaces needed to protect our supplies and equipment close to where they are needed on campus, yet tucked away as not to interfere with other campus activities. Within the size of the current storage area, south of the Tennis Courts, the reconfigured space will also include a new waste transfer station reducing the number of dumpsters on campus and the large trucks that empty them.
The new storage area will include:
- Space for various utility carts
- Pole barn for equipment storage
- Sheds for salt, mulch and other landscaping supplies
- Office trailer incorporating lockers and meeting space for our groundskeeping staff
- New regional waste and recycling transfer station, eliminating the need for 16 campus dumpster sites.