Located on the northwest corner of Olden and William streets, Olden House will provide 18 modest apartments for visiting faculty members. A mixture of studios and one-bedroom dwellings, the three-story building will comprise 11,779 square feet located in a small residential neighborhood between the University's Engineering Quadrangle and Friend Center for Engineering Education, and businesses on Nassau Street. Two unoccupied apartment structures currently stand on the property and will be demolished.
Olden House has been designed and will be developed by local architect and developer J. Robert Hillier, a Princeton alumnus and Visiting Lecturer in the School of Architecture. Hillier, who earned an A.B. in 1959 and MFA in 1961 from Princeton, both in architecture, founded Hillier Architecture in 1966.