NOTICE: Due to year-end events, we will suspend all non-essential moving services from April 18 - June 10, 2022.
We can assist University departments and offices with moving items at Princeton and on the Forrestal campus. This service includes:
- office furniture moved from one administrative or academic location to another
- equipment and records moved to the Princeton University Storage Facility (PUSF)
- items moved to and from the University Resource Recovery Program warehouse (formally named Surplus)
- crating or packing items
- file cabinets full of files
- artwork (please contact the Princeton University Art Museum at (609) 258-3788 for service recommendations)
- heavy specialized equipment (see Rigging Services)
We schedule moves in the order they are requested. We will do our best to accommodate your scheduling needs, but our availability is limited at certain times of year, particularly during student move-in, move-out, reunions, and commencement. For best results, schedule your move as soon as you know your needs.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to year-end events, we suspend all non-essential moving services from April to June. We appreciate your cooperation.
To request moving services, please submit a service request and include:
- a description of the items that need to be moved
- the current and future locations
- your desired moving date
- any special considerations:
- Office furniture attached to a wall or each other? Let us know, send us a photo, and we will help determine if you need a disassembly crew BEFORE your move.
NOTE: We are here to help, however, if we arrive and your furniture needs to be disassembled, your move may be delayed.
We will contact you to confirm your details and scheduling. If your move involves records storage, please review our Records Storage services.
Moves during regular business hours are at no cost to you.
Moves required outside of normal business hours will result in overtime charges.
Facilities Service Center
Did You Know
The Service Center (609-258-8000) is a centralized call center for every Facilities department. They handle approximately 60,000 inquiries per year via phone, web, and email.